Happy New Year! We are officially day one into the New Year!
"This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change." -Taylor Swift
The gift of a new beginning is that things get to change, and you get to have a fresh start. Heart in Box started about 2 months ago, and as a stay at home mum starting a small business, much of what I envision in my goals as a mum rolls over to the business.
Heart in Box is an online gift box shop that aims to send gift boxes to mums to uplift and treat them. But more than just an online gift shop, I hope it is a channel through which mums are also uplifted through words. Gifts (whether from someone or bought by yourself) are important in bringing some cheer to a rough day, words are also important in nourishing the soul.
In 2016, I want to make room in Heart in Box world and also in my world for the important things.
1. Make room for change
- Personally, I'm not a fan of change. But change is necessary as we make room for new things and get rid of the old and bad. As a mum, there definitely is room for change. One of the key things to work on is to be present when I'm with the kiddies. It can be easy to get distracted especially when I want to get things done (chores or work). But, it's the little moments that are precious and fleeting.
- I have exciting plans for Heart in Box. And as the year unfolds, sometimes, changes to plans will have to be made. When your plans get thrown out the window it is unsettling. But I want to make room for that, and be ready for it when it comes.
2. Make room for generosity and kindness
- As a mum, this is definitely one of the key things I want to pass on to my little ones. And to do that, it starts with me. I want to make room to be generous, not just in giving, but also be generous in uplifting words to people in my world.
- Heart in Box hopes to continue in the mantra of uplifting and treating fellow mums through both gifting and words. I have exciting plans on doing that in the coming year. And I can't wait to share that with you in this year.
3. Make room for mystery and adventure
- This one is hard! Because I need to know what goes on next (I'm a control freak that way). But in this year, I hope to make room for mystery and adventure both as a mum and for Heart in Box. I want to soak up the moments as opposed to constantly worry about what's going to happen next.
What are some of the important things you are making room for fellow mamas? Whatever they are, be bold and step out. Have a wonderful new year ahead!